The Remanence of Ice Age: Alamkuh
4 Day Alamkuh Trekking Tour
From € 530
Alamkuh is the second highest peak in Iran, right after Damavand peak. This mountain has 4848 meters’ height and is known for its technical conquers. On the north face of this mountain, there is a 600 meters’ tall wall. There are different routes for reaching the summit of this mountain. Usually, the routes are called by the name of the first people who found them. German, Polish, French routes are some of the most well-known ones as well as Kermanshah and Hamedan routes. Also, there are more than 47 peaks of more than 4000 meters’ height in this area. The reasons mentioned above are why Alamkuh is known as the Alps of Iran. Furthermore, there is one more route on the southern face of the Alamkuh summit, which does not require rock climbing techniques. The south face route is more accessible, and this package has been designed through the southern route as well.
On the first day of our tour, we will enter Chalus road from Tehran. Iranians know this road as one of the most beautiful roads in the country. After about 5 hours of driving, we will reach the spectacular Kelardasht city. We will have lunch there, and after half an hour driving, we will reach the Vandarbon Mountain Complex at the height of 2200 meters. We will take a rest at this camp and make ourselves ready to begin climbing the next day. Before having dinner, your guide will mention all the technical tips you need to know for having a successful ascend.
- Starting Altitude: 1400 m
- Driving Distance: 205 km
- Trekking Distance: 0
- Average Slope: –
- Highest Altitude: 2200 m
- Sleeping Altitude: 2200 m
- Overnight stay at a room in Shelter
Climbing Alamkuh from the southern route is quite easy. It would only require about 2 hours of trekking on the 2nd day. We will go to the ascending base and slowly start trekking until we get to the 3750 meters’ height. There, we will set up the tents, rest a bit, and have lunch. Magnificent mountains and lakes surround all around the Hesarchal plain. We will choose one of them depending on the Participants’ choice and physical preparedness for acclimatization. We will ascend at least 400 meters and then have a stop at that point for half an hour. After that, we will come back to the camp to have dinner and rest. So, we can be ready for the trekking the next day.
- Driving Distance: 10 km
- Starting Altitude: 3210 m
- Upward Trekking Distance: 4.85 km3.05 km from Tang Galu to Hesarchal and 1.8 km for acclimatization
- Average Slope: 17.7 %
- Highest Altitude: 4150 m
- Sleeping Altitude: 3750 m
- Overnight stay in tent at Hesarchal
We will wake up and have breakfast at 5 a.m. Then, we will put on our backpacks and start trekking to the summit. Ascending will take almost 4 hours. Our path mostly includes light trekking and some minutes of walking by the valleys. In the last minutes, we will get to a rocky and steep route. Because we are ascending by the southern route, we will be able to see the amazing northern wall of Alamkuh. Also, we can have an unforgettable experience of watching the Alborz mountain range if the sky is clear. After capturing some photos, we will go back to our camp. There, we will spend the evening entertaining ourselves in Hesarchal plain.
- Starting Altitude: 3750
- mUpward Trekking Distance: 4.63 km
- Average Slope: 23.8 %
- Highest Altitude: 4850 m
- Sleeping Altitude: 3750 m
- Overnight stay in tent at Hesarchal
On the morning of the fourth day, we will get on the road filled with the joy of our successful ascend. We will go on a fantastic jungle road leading to the Caspian Sea. Then, we can swim a bit in the sea and go back to Tehran after having lunch. Finally, we will be in Tehran at almost 9 o’clock.
- Starting Altitude: 3750 m
- Downward Trekking Distance: 3.05 km
- Average Slop: 17.7 %
- Driving Distance: 280 km
- Ending Altitude: 1400 m
Your Flexibility Options
- We never rush anyone. You can climb the mountain at your own pace. Whether you’re a professional or a beginner, you will have a joyful experience on our Iran trekking tours. Each day’s schedule is set based on the climate and your hiking abilities. The time of arriving at Vandarbon, excursion in Hyrcanian forests and entertainment on the fourth day is flexible.
This Tour's Features
High Rate of Success
All of our Iran travel tour have a high rate of success. Having professional guides, suitable acclimatization program, and constant quality checks of trekking equipment ensures the highest success rate during our Iran tours. The most challenging part of ascending Alamkuh in the southern path is the proper adjustment of our body to the height. Our guides will make sure to align the acclimatization program to your physical preparedness and trekking speed.
All bookings and contracts are settled through SAE Event GmbH, a registered travel agency in Austria. As a result, all transactions and processes are done based on the European legal system. So you would have the advantage of working with a local tour operator under EU-law. Visiting Iran with locals was never that hassle-free.
Nutrition has a crucial role in trekking. We have consulted with nutrition and sports specialists to prepare the best meal plan for our Iran trekking tour packages. We have included meals that provide all the essentials necessary for your health. Canned food and ready to make quick meals have no place in our tour packages. All of the meals are prepared with fresh ingredients by a local cook and served warm right at the time of your meal plan.
All land transportation by Air-co vehicles
4WD for Dirty Roads
1 Night at a Shelter
2 Nights Camping
Daily snack & mineral water
Staff & Experts
Mountaineering consultant 24/7 support
Visiting Chalus & Caspian Sea
Riding throughout hyrcanian
Iranian Sim Card
Local Debit Card
Official Iran Visa reference number
International airfares, taxes, surcharges
Backpack (BS to 45 Litre)
Sleeping bag with the comfort level of +10 to +5
Trekking boots (waterproof)
Warm trekking pants
Light down jacket
Gore-Tex jacket (waterproof)
Plan this Trip
Pricing for Private Tours
|Months||Price / person|
October - May
Ask for the Price
- 40% Surcharge would apply for solo travelers.
- Volume discounts would apply for groups with more than 5 people, and special offers for companies.
Booking Terms & Conditions
After finalizing the price of the tour you have selected, you should pay a deposit equal to 25% of your tour cost. Then, we will issue a booking confirmation. You should pay the rest (75%) in cash at the beginning of your tour in our office in Iran.
In case you cancel your tour booking, cancellation fees will apply:
• Up 90 days before arrival: We’ll fully refund the paid deposit.
• 90-60 days before arrival: We’ll refund 50% of the paid deposit.
• 60-30 days before arrival: We’ll refund 25% of the paid deposit.
• From 30 days before arrival to actual arrival: We will hold the deposit (25% of the package price) as a cancellation fee.
How Is This Trip Responsible?
- Before the tour starts, the necessary information (e.g., Etiquette) is given to our travelers
- Local guides and drivers collaborate with us
- We eat 2 meals in local restaurants
- 1 night we sleep at an eco lodge
- We help you to have a better and easier interaction with locals
- It is not just sightseeing; we provide true to life experiences
- We go to local-traditional markets
- We visit the products of NGOs in Isfahan to support them
- Cars we use are fuel-efficient
- We try our best to use less plastic and make less waste in our trip
IranAmaze organizes a variety of tours for all travel interests and types. If you’d like to see all of our Iran tours and get to know the diverse experiences you could have in Iran, please visit our Iran tours page.
From € 530