Barati lodge is located between the villages of Masr, Khor, and Biyabank in the Isfahan province. With seven rooms and one suite for four people, this residence has a total capacity of 56 tourists. The residence’s layout and architectural style is entirely traditional and is made of straw walls and wooden doors and windows, which inspire the feeling of rural life in its passengers.
The accommodation suite has its own toilet and bathroom, and for the rest of the guests, Iranian and foreign services and bathrooms are installed inside the area. There are wooden beds in the large courtyard of the Barati Lodge, and it provides you with an excellent opportunity to hang out and have dinner and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere of the residence.
It is possible to order a variety of traditional and delicious regional dishes for you, dear travelers. The heating system of Barati lodge is an oil heater, and its cooling system are ceiling and table fans.
Barati eco-residence was built at a short distance from the Mesr desert and allows you to go to the desert alone or with a tour guide whenever you want and enjoy watching the beautiful sand dunes and feeling the warm and flowing sand between your toes.
The Ecolodge is situated on the edge of the Mesr desert. The Name of the desert Mesr is both the name of a settlement in this area and the Persian word for Egypt. The village is relatively recently built and is today one of the most popular sites in this desert. The climate of the Mesr desert is hot and dry with very low humidity. The average temperature during summer is 40° Celsius, while during winter it can drop to 1° Celsius or below. By digging several wells and providing the Mesr village with the water it required, a young man named Yusef brought life to this parched area. As a result, the inhabitants of the adjacent villages refer to this region as ‘Chah-e Deraz’ which means lengthy well. Yusef, however, recommended that they alter it to Mesr since he didn’t like this name. The tale also resembles the story of Joseph in Egypt and his wells. It should be noted that Yusef is the Persian equivalent of Joseph, which adds an extra layer to the similarities and reasons for the name of this village and desert.
Visit Iran tours cost for information about this eco-lodge and many others.
Tourist Attractions of Barati Ecolodge Residence:
- Mesr desert – distance from the residence 600 meters (1 minute)
- Rig Kalleh desert – distance from the residence is 8 km (10 minutes)
- Namak Khor Salt Lake – distance from the residence is 68 km (55 minutes)
- Jandaq Castle – distance from the residence is 139 km (1 hour and 43 minutes)
- The beautiful village of Garmeh (Garmeh Castle) – distance from the residence is 84.8 km (1 hour and 8 minutes).
- Historical desert village of Iraj – distance from the residence is 99.6 km (1 hour and 23 minutes)
- Beyazeh historical castle – distance from the residence is 109 km (1 hour and 25 minutes)
- Halvan desert – distance from the residence is 224 km (2 hours and 39 minutes)